Meet the Band
A little bit about us
- Musical influences: Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Stevie Wonder
- First album bought: I think probably something by Queen (had no choice but to like Queen in our house/car)
- Favourite song of all time? Heard it through the Grapevine, Marvin Gaye
- If you could duet with anyone who would it be? Alicia Keys (a million percent)
- The best thing about SuperSession? The harmonies :)
- Musical influences: Aretha Franklin, Alicia Keys, Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury
- First album bought: something by Eternal
- Favourite song of all time? These are the days of our lives, Queen
- If you could duet with anyone who would it be? Stevie Wonder
- The best thing about SuperSession? bossing boys around
- Musical influences: James Brown, Parliament-Funkadelic, early Red Hot Chili Peppers, blues guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughan, jazz guitarist John Schofield and of course the mighty Jimi Hendrix.
- First album bought: I grew up in the britpop era, I think it was Different Class by Pulp.
- Favourite song of all time? Miserlou by Dick Dale and the Del Tones, (Theme from Pulp Fiction), great guitar riff.
- If you could duet with anyone who would it be? Louis Armstrong
- The best thing about SuperSession? The dancing
- Influences Red Hot Chilli Peppers, James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Faith No More, The Who
- First album Mr Big Tonight
- Favourite song? Ghosts by Japan
- If you could play bass with anyone who would it be? The Who.
- The best thing about SuperSession? Watching drunk dancers at weddings!
- Musical influences: don’t put me on the spot!
- First album bought: NOW 29
- Favourite song of all time? 'Funky Gibbon' The Goodies
- If you could duet with anyone who would it be? Bonnie Tyler
- The best thing about SuperSession? Rhythm section
- Musical influences: Yes
- First album bought: Not telling. It was the 80's, I was young and at no point did I buy anything by Bros, or Rick Astley or....Shut up you fool you've said too much!
- Favourite song of all time? It changes week by week. At the minute it's John Legend & The Roots – Hard Times.
- If you could duet with anyone who would it be? Rowlph The Dog (Coolest Keyboard Player Ever)
- The best thing about SuperSession? Mike's Cat
Function Band Manchester
SuperSession was formed in 2005 with original line up Pete Harrop, Andy Stafford and Hannah Joyce who had all met whilst studying Music Performance and Theory at City College, Manchester. With a Higher National Diploma under their musical belts, they set about forming this funky covers band.
Shortly after, the harmonious sound of SuperSession's lead vocals was completed when Laura, Hannah's identical twin, joined the band bringing with her an almost identical voice to her sibling. The exit of the original drummer and guitarist made way for Jack Newton and Michael Banfield to complete the soulful sound of SuperSession.
The six-piece band play a variety of music, blending funk, pop, soul and rock.
Supersession will provide your audience with an energetic and unforgettable experience. Combining a mixture of genres SuperSession are guaranteed to entice all ages to step onto the dance floor. Head over to our music page to hear us or read recommendations from our previous clients.
SuperSession normally play a 2 hour set with a short break after the first hour. We really care about your event, after all the more enjoyable it is for you and your guests the more fun we're having. Contact us for a quote or with any questions you might have.
A Few Satisfied Customers
“ We booked the band to play at our wedding - one of the most special days that a family can have and they were amazing. Not only did they set up with the minimum of fuss and disruption to the day, but they were ready to go as soon as we needed them.
The standard of musicianship was top notch and they were considerate of all of our requirements on the day. We loved them - our guests loved them and if we ever have an anniversary party - they will be the first call that we make! ”
Shane & Angelina
“ Thank you so much for making our wedding celebrations so special- the music was fantastic! Everyone commented how excellent you were and we had a brilliant night. ”
Ste & Laura Holden
“ Supersession played at my 60th birthday party in front of over 100 guests and you could tell straight away how much everybody enjoyed their music. People were dancing from the start, which was fantastic, all ages too. All the comments from guests were how good the band were and what a marvellous range of songs were played, making our event such a success.
Supersession are a very talented group - with glorious singing and harmonies provided by the beautiful lead singers, Laura and Hannah, and brilliant music from the guitarists, drummer and keyboard player: Pete, Mike, Jack and Andy. Their various solos were awesome, we couldn't wish for better and we're so happy that they played for us. Thank you, Supersession! ”
Joy Coulbeck 60th Birthday Party
“ SuperSession played for my 50th birthday and really made the party come alive. Brilliant song choices with quite literally something for everyone. I have already recommended to friends! ”
Yvonne from Cheshire 50th Birthday Party